question about winamp and .mid files:

  • From: "Nancy Shipman" <nancyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 05:05:48 -0700

Hi. My name is Nancy, and I'm new to this list. Thank you all for letting me
join.
My question is;  I am using JFW version 5.0, and Windows 98, with only onboard
audio, no sound card, and Winamp 503a.  I used to be able to play mid files
through Winamp when I had 2.81, but for some reason recently, even that version
wasn't playing my .mid files, even when I selected .mid in the file types under
the Winamp preferences.  So I switched to Winamp version 503a, and selected all
file types there too, and my .mid files still won't play.
Someone had mentioned to me that I should have someone sighted look in byos for
me to make sure the settings were all set to allow .mid files, but when I had
my husband look, he said there was nothing that even had to do with .mid, and
he thinks that's because I don't have a sound card.
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do to get my .mid files to
play???
I'd appreciate any input you guys might have.
Thanks.
Nancy