Re: Need Winamp Bookmark Help

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:51:53 -0400

Hi Evan

I don't run Vista for sure, but maybe someone who does can help you better. I don't know if this is the same in xp as in Vista, but the Winamp.bm file actually gets put in c:\documents and settings\username\application data\winamp. So, try looking in there and see if that would do it for you. Yeah isn't running multiple versions a lot of fun at times? grin

Let me know if this helps, or if it's different in Vista, i hope someone who runs it will give you a shout. Please let us know what the situation was, and how you fixed it if you can do that.

Chris

 At 01:31 PM 8/27/2008, you wrote:
Hello,

I've gotten myself into a bit of a mess with my Winamp bookmarks and was wondering if someone would be willing to contact me off list and be willing to help me sort it out.

It's a bit complicated but because of installing of different versions that I did due to accessibility issues, I believe Winamp is reading bookmarks from one location and trying to write them to another. So, when I try to add bookmarks, or edit existing ones, Winamp crashes. Also, I cannot seem to access the folder where I read here that the bookmarks are stored in the newer versions, even though Vista tells me that I have Administrator privileges. If they're in the c:\Documents and Settings folder, then I am told that that folder contains zero bytes, and that access is denied. I don't even get a UAC message or anything.

it would be much faster if I could just talk to someone, if anyone would be amenable to that. I know it might be something of an imposition, so perhaps we can negotiate some remuneration.

Thanks very much for any help.

Evan

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3393 (20080827) __________