RE: Jaws jump to time script issue

  • From: Bob Kanish <BobKanish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 08:02:50 -0700

That's not the only little bug in the JAWS scripts for winamp. Here's another one that I took the liberty of squashing myself. the JAWS scripts have a routine that allows you to play and pause a track using the spacebar. Basically, the routine checks to see if a track is playing. If a track is playing, pressing the spacebar makes JAWS type the letter c which is the pause key in winamp. IF a track is not playing, pressing the spacebar causes JAWS to type the letter x which is the play key in winamp. this is all well and good except for the fact that the routine doesn't bother to check if you're focused in the library window. so, let's say you're listening to a song while searching for another song to play in the library. Every time you hit the spacebar in the search box, JAWS types the letter x which messes up your search. this is also the reason why pressing the spacebar on a button in the library window doesn't activate the button. JAWS has hijacked the spacebar completely. so, when you're in the library window and you need to use the spacebar for its intended purpose, you first have to use the pass key through key. I personally got tired of this so I removed that routine from the scripts. Once I recompiled them, the spacebar worked the way it should in the library. I have to use x and c to play and pause, but it's a small price to pay for regaining the proper use of the spacebar in the library.

--Bob

At 06:01 AM 5/5/2008, you wrote:
HI Ann,

Go into keyboard manager and delete that keystroke Control+j.  Someone at FS
must have been mucking around with the scripts and forgot to cleanup.  If
you still don't have any joy, I can fix it for you.

David Truong

EMail and Messenger:
davidtruong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Skype:  blindboxer1967