Re: Fwd: adding to bookmarks

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:24:07 -0700

Thanks Chris,

I am using an older version of winamp so I guess it's time to upgrade it. I have tried over and over using alt-i and I do have two stations in my bookmarks now, but that has been the result of probably fifty or more tries so something obviously is wrong. I appreciate your feedback and I'll install the new version and see if it works then. If not it must be something peculiar to my particular setup.

Regards.
Bud

At 12:32 AM 4/25/2007, you wrote:
This is interesting, because I atempted to add a bookmark just now before i sent the message and it worked ok.

I don't think you are actually told when a bookmark is added if you're using Window-eyes, which is what i think you're using, right Bud?

Well, the issue is being able to find them. using Winamp 5.34, which is the current version as of yesterday, to get to the bookmarks section, here's what you do.

1. while Winamp is open and on your screen, press the alt key. you'll get a menu that pops up, so press your down arrow key until you hear, winamp pulldown.

2. So at that point, press enter, and then you'll get another menu and you'll want to press the letter b which should, in theory at least, take you to the bookmarks pulldown menu.

3. Press enter here, and if things go right, you should see a list of the bookmarks you've added and if you press enter on one of them it will play. if it doesn't, the stream is probably either down, or there may be some other kind of issue. to see if Winamp gives you some kind of error message, press control plus shift plus t and Window eyes will read you the title bar of Winamp, which will give you the status of what it's up to. Other than that, I can't think of anything else to suggest. so give those directions a try and hopefully, that'll do it. Note that these directions also work for a lot of earlier versions of Winamp so hopefully they'll work and you can get this sorted!

At 11:27 PM 4/24/2007, you wrote:
Well Budd as I see it the problem is either your winamp, your windows or
your screen reader. Alt-i has been a staple of winamp forever. Perhaps it's
time to reformat your machine and a clean reinstall after you format will
fix this issue I'm sure.

On 4/24/2007 at 6:45 PM Bud Schwab wrote:

>Hi Gang again,
>
>I'm not trying to be a nuisance, but I've sent this message out twice
>and received no answers.  Is this too simple of a  question for this
>group?  Is there a less advanced group that I could get hooked up
>with instead of pestering you guys?  I'm really just trying to add
>stations to my winamp bookmarks.  While listening to the station I
>press alt i but nothing happens. Could somebody guide me to some
>group for beginners?
>Thanks.
>
>Bud
>
>>Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:20:50 -0700
>>To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: adding to bookmarks
>>
>>Hi Gang,
>>
>>Hope you're not getting tired of me with my little problems, but I
>>still can't seem to add a station to my bookmarks.  Wonder what I am
>>doing wrong.  I go to a station and while it's playing I press alt
>>I.  Is there something else I should be doing?  Then I go back to my
>>bookmarks and it's not there.  Sorry 'bout my ineptness but I'd sure
>>like to get it working.
>>Thanks.
>>

>>Bud Schwab
>>W 6 Z Y P
>>Malibu, California
>>

>Bud Schwab
>W 6 Z Y P
>Malibu, California

> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send a message to:
>subject line.
> Archives located at:
>//www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>
>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly.
>Instead, please contact
>the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

     djc's Jukebox: http://paulmerrell.net:9212 or
http://paulmerrell.net:9660 Saturday Evenings 9 to midnight Eastern.