Re: Adendum To Title Bar Message

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 15:52:25 -0500

Hi Paul
Is this *only* happening with ACB Radio streams?  Are you not hearing song
titles with certain streams but getting them with others? If yes, this is
normal. ACB Radio has 4 streams.  Mainstream, the Cafe, The Treasure Trove,
and Interactive.  Currently the only 2 streams that offer what we call
title streaming, in other words, the ability to have the title and artist
of the current song displayed are only available on the Cafe and
interactive.  So If this is only happening on those streams, you're ok. If
it's happening with music that's on your hard drive and you are only
hearing the number of the song in your playlists,  a complete uninstall and
re-install of Winamp will fix this. Don't forget, when the installer does
its work, it leaves the Winamp directory around in case you have any
plugins you want backed up. If you want to do a complete uninstall and
re-install though, you want to delete this folder. You'll find this in
c:\program files\winamp. I'm still unsure as to what you're hearing and
what you're not so I don't know any specifics, so if you could elaborate
that would be great.