[win2kforum] Re: w2k Installation Issues

  • From: "Mordy Gross" <mordygross@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:38:28 -0500

Did you try rebboting, then restarting win2k? The detect process writes a
log, anything that doesn't work the first time is ommited the next time.
Some times I would get the blue screen while detecting hardware, and I would
reboot, let Win2k run (not setup from the CD, setup on the harddrive) and I
wouldn't have a rpoblem the second time around. Win2k tries to run differant
configs by the machine to detect hardware. Some configs will crash the
machine.