[win2kforum] Re: help

  • From: Sebastian Miller <Sebastian.Miller@xxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:56:02 +0200

Hi Madhu,

I'm facing a perhaps simular problem. .. but first some things you could
check... You can configure in your eMail-Client (e.g. Outlook), where to
put the copies of outgoing messages to, or to not save any copies of
outgoing mails. Perhaps there you've configured the wrong folder?
Concerning outgoing mail, that doesn't depend a lot on what protocol you
are using (wether IMAP or POP); you configure the smtp-server separately
for your eMail-Client. Perhaps only your account currently used is
called something like pop - the mail is sent via an smtp. You can tell
your Client, wich smtp to use; either regardless of all configured
incoming accounts, or separately (depens on your software).

Back to the Sent-Folder. What I have experienced with the sending of
mails and an IMAP: I also can't put a copy into a folder on the IMAP
directly. I only have the "INBOX" Folder accessable on the IMAP-Server,
and created several subfolders, one called "sent". But I write outgoing
mails directly thereto ... And Netscape explained me, why Outlook didn't
cooperate: Permission denied.
Seems as if I am not allowed to copy mails directly to the my "sent"
folder on the IMAP. I have to write them to the local folders and then
transfer them manually to the so called "sent"-Folder on IMAP. That
works - but is quite uncomfortable...

Does anyone have a hint on that?!

Greets
Sebastian