[win2kforum] Re: Internet conection bandwitch

  • From: "Greg Chapman" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:16:02 -0600

I don't mean to contradict anyone as I had originally intended to answer
this question yesterday. Since we're talking about Windows 2000 Server (as
I recall), there is a possibility in setting up the Quality of Service
service. This service follows the RSVP Protocol RFC and is meant to allow
you to control application consumption of available bandwidth. A decent
webcast on the topic is available at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/Webcasts/SO_P
rojects/so17/soblurb17.asp

It may or may not be what was needed but I do think it's germaine as a
possible solution.

Greg Chapman
http://www.mousetrax.com
"Counting in binary is as easy as 01, 10, 11!
With thinking this clear, is coding really a good idea?"