[win2kforum] Re: Internet conection bandwitch

  • From: Jim Betz <jimbetz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 07:53:42 -0800

  I don't think there are any tools available that will 'load
balance' your internet sharing.  The system figures that this
will level out over time (you're first now, I'm first later).
  If there are tools to do this they are probably much more
expensive than you want to pay.  In addition - any such tool
would probably put overhead on your internet - all the time -
that you may not want to pay in order to load balance the
few times you need it.
  Usually, if two or more computers go against the internet
at the same time the bandwidth will 'automatically' get
shared.  Of course, if one is doing a big download from a
server on the other end that is "always ready" and the other
one is trying to get stuff from a busy server then it will
-appear- that one is getting more than their share.
  Most slowness for the internet - when you have a fast
connection - is due to the stuff that is on the other side
of your connection.