[win2kforum] Corrupted recycle bin

  • From: "George Goundras" <ggoudr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:54:23 +0300

An addition to my previous reply. Please note that in Windows 2000 Professional
on NTFS partition (when this partition is your driveletter C: under Windows
2000 Pro) the hidden, system directory for the recycle bin is not named
recycled but Recycler. So in addition I may admit that you may even have
changed the attributes for the wrong special system directory. Please check all
the hidden and System specific directories/files by changing from Windows
Explorer the following settings:
On Windows Explorer from the menu on the top, go to:
Tools->Folder Options->View
Uncheck (if checked) the following option:
Hide Protected Operating system files
Also select (radio button) the option Show hidden files and folders.

I hope I have already helped you with my tips...

George