[wiaattorneys] NEXT ANNUAL MEETING IS SET

  • From: "Bob Simoneau" <Bsimoneau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WIA Attorneys List" <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:27:53 -0400

WIA Attorneys Workgroup members:

I have finalized the arrangements for the NASWA 2007 WIA Attorneys
Workgroup Annual Meeting.  The meeting will be held at the Warwick
Denver Hotel in Denver, Colorado.  The meeting will start at 1:00 p.m.
on Wednesday, May 30, and will conclude by noon on Friday, June 1.

We have converted all the arrangements for NASWA meetings to our website
www.workforceatm.org.   The link for the Annual Meeting will provide you
with all the information you should need for the meeting:  hotel
information, meeting registration process, draft agenda, etc.  In order
to get to the information you must have access to Member Services on the
website, I presume you all do.  However, if not, please let me know and
I'll inform you how to do so.

To access the meeting information, go to the "Workforce Calendar" tab at
the top/right of the Home Page of www.workforceatm.org.  Go to May 30 -
June 1 on the Calendar and click on the WIA Attorneys' meeting.  You
will need to complete your User Name and Password.  Click on the "here"
for more information.  If you - or an administrative assistant -
registers you, but has problems with the registration process, please
refer to the Help link.  ALL INDIVIDUALS PLANNING TO ATTEND THE MEETING
SHOULD COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC WEB REGISTRATION.

There is also a DRAFT agenda on the site.  This is just that, a DRAFT -
any input, suggestions, additions, etc. is gladly accepted - just let me
know.  We are working on trying to get a USDOL Employment and Training
Administration (ETA) representative to attend.  Also, regarding the
"State Roundtable" section of the agenda, if you could provide topics
you plan to discuss - OR, want to hear from others, please let me know.

The closing date for the block of rooms is April 27.

Finally, and maybe most important to some, we will carry-on the
tradition Maria Colavito is noted for - attending a Baseball game.  The
Denver Rockies are in town that week; they are playing the St. Louis
Cardinals from May 28 through May 31, and the Cincinnati Reds from June
1 through 3.
My recommendation would be to plan a group outing to the game (St.
Louis) on Thursday night, May 31.  Please let me know if you are
interested.  Would you prefer Wednesday night?  What type/cost seating
do you prefer?

Looking forward to seeing you all in Denver.  If you have any questions
or concerns, please let me know.

Bob

Bob Simoneau
NASWA