[whitmanpta] Weekly Update for May 2 - May 6

  • From: "Celeste Ozaki" <cbobryk-pta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 18:46:41 -0700

Dear Whitman Family and Friends

The following events/activities are happening around Whitman Elementary:

Teachers are our HEROES!!!

Okay so the secret is out, it is Teacher's Appreciation Week and the Whitman
PTA has sent home fliers asking students to show their appreciation for
their awesome teachers at Whitman!  Thank you to you all dedicated teachers
for all that you do for your students.  Whitman PTA will continue to support
you any way that we can.

Testing!!!!!

Students in Grade 2 to Grade 6 testing continues this week through May 9.
Whitman PTA will be supporting the students by providing snacks.  A special
call out to Mrs. Wendy Jensen for helping setup the snacks for the teachers
to pick up.  Best of luck to all the students that will be taking tests over
the next week.

May 4 - Staff and Faculty Luncheon 1:45 pm - 3:45 pm in the Auditorium

If you are interested in helping setup on Tuesday May 3 or help during the
luncheon, let us know.  Teachers - GO AWAY!!!! Again NO PEEKING!!!

May 13 - Shining Stars Ceremony

Help celebrate the Shining Stars for the month of April.  Whitman PTA
provides the juice and cookies following the ceremony.  If you are
interested in helping, let us know.

May 16 - May 20 - Book Fair, Whitman Library

Support your child and the school by visiting the book fair and purchase
books, more information to follow.

May 20 - Spring Fiesta 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm

The Whitman PTA Board and Members has begun planning this annual event,
there will be Art, Music, and Food!!!  We are still looking for ideas as
well as volunteers to help make this a fun family filled event.

Order your Yearbook!!! - Hurry this is the last week to order your yearbook
for $15, starting next week the price goes up to $18.  Attached is the order
form and is also available online at the Whitman PTA website.

The end of the year is fast approaching:

June 7th

6th Grade Softball Game

June 9th

Kindergarten Promotion

June 10

End of the Year Awards

June 10

6th Grade Yearbook Signing Party & Dance

June 13

6th Grade Promotion

Last Day of School!!!!  Wow that's just nuts!

Encourage others to Join the PTA!

Know anyone that wants to be more involved with Whitman?  Encourage them to
be members of the PTA, we accept membership through June 30.  Go to
www.whitmanpta.com and download the membership forms.

Budget Committee

If you want to have a say in what the Whitman PTA does, PTA does join the
budget committee, chaired by our dedicated and awesome Whitman PTA
Treasurer, Wilma McLaughlin.  The budget committee will be responsible for
putting together recommendations for the budget to the Executive Board for
the 2011-2012 school year.  The Executive Board will then be responsible for
putting together a proposed budget based on these recommendations.  The
proposed budget, which is basically the business plan for the school year,
will then have to be presented and approved by Members of the Whitman PTA in
September 2011 via an association meeting (Date TBD).  The budget committee
will meet sometime after July 1, specific dates/times to be determined.
Again this is THE MOST INFLUENTAL time influence the direction of Whitman
PTA.  We can't do this alone so we need your support!

Thank you and have a fabulous week!

Whitman PTA

Whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.whitmanpta.com

(858) 863-6626

PS If there are any events/activities you would like to be included in the
weekly update, drop us a line!