[whitmanpta] Spring Fiesta Volunteers

  • From: "Celeste Ozaki" <cbobryk-pta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 21:06:53 -0700

Good Evening everyone,

Just to update you on the Spring Fiesta.

Be sure to take the time to take a look at some of the new art work behind
the library.  Also the book fair will be open from 5 pm to 7 pm in the
Library.

The PTA is looking for volunteers to help setup the Spring Fiesta starting
after school mainly with getting the decorations up such as streamers and
balloons.  If you are available, please see Mrs. Wendy Jensen for direction.

We'll also be looking for volunteers to help with the food line.  The more
we have, the better chance that the volunteers can take time to enjoy
themselves a little and take turns.

And lastly, the entire event is being offered for FREE, including the food.
This is why we need volunteers for the serving of the food.  The plan is to
have people line up, pick a burger or hot dog, pick a bag of chips, cookie
(maybe 2 depending on how many we have), and a drink and then get stamped at
the end of the line so that we can ensure that everyone had a chance to get
food.

If you are interested in donating food items that was sent home in the flyer
(flyers are also in the work room for you teachers), you can still do so and
even drop it off at the start of the event.

Things are coming together nicely and the PTA knows this will be a fun and
enjoyable event.

Thank you for your time and support!

Whitman PTA

(858) 863-6626