[whitmanpta] FW: Rally for Education - May 13 - Urgent information to share for PTA

  • From: "Celeste Ozaki" <cbobryk-pta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 21:57:32 -0700

A communication from Ninth District PTA,

Celeste

E-mail sent to Unit and Council PTA Officers and Ninth District PTA District
Board

PTA Unit

Please use all available means to distribute the attached flier.  Post on
school bulletin boards, email using Connect-Ed (or ask your school to do
this for you), copy and hand out in student folders and to parents.  This
rally is supported by the entire Ed Coalition, including the Association of
CA School Administrators (ACSA), the School Boards Association, the
California Teachers Union (CTA), and the California State PTA (and Ninth
District PTA locally).  Many school districts are already planning a week of
events (see our planning guide) and we encourage you to spearhead the parent
component of this weeklong event.

Stand up for students and show support for our schools!  A "cuts only"
budget is bad for our children and bad for California.  PTA is joining with
education groups across the state to tell Sacramento "No More Cuts to
Schools!"  You can be a voice for your children's education and their
future!

Join fellow parents, students, teachers, and community members at the State
of Emergency rally for education on Friday May 13, 2011 from 4 to 6pm at
Embarcadero Park North near Seaport Village.  Wear a PTA shirt, or your "9
million reasons to speak up" t-shirt from previous PTA rallies so the press
will see PTA's presence.  We will have CUTS HURT KIDS signs for you, or make
your own.

We suggest you take the trolley, as parking is limited and we are expecting
several thousand parents, teachers and community members.  Similar rallies
are being held in major California cities simultaneously, get ready to talk
to the press - they'll all be there.  I look forward to seeing you next
Friday.

Karen Fleck

Karen Fleck

President