[wedge] holiday dates, meeting, deadline

  • From: "Kernow Craig" <kernow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wedge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:18:54 +1000

Hello,
A meeting early next week sounds like a very good idea, how about
Tuesday evening 6pm?

I will be out of town Saturday 13th July - Wednesday 24th July, over
this period I will be camping with my father for the first half and
then in Melbourne for the City State conference for the second half.

The deadline for Wedge is the 27th July, I would like to extend this 1
week to 2nd August. What does everyone think of this?
I should probably list a few reasons why it is necessary and why it
will not adversely impact upon Wedge:
- we only have 2 weeks from now to work on Wedge before I go away on
holidays, this is not enough time in itself.
- It should not be a problem for the ed. team as they don't want to
launch the site until a few weeks after that.
- It will allow more time for submissions.
- The deadline has started to be blown out anyway with recent content
and design delays.
- Time spent during the next semester on Wedge will be able to be
counted as class time with accedemic acknowledgement, this may not be
the case with work done during the holidays (Kellie, please correct me
if I'm wrong).
- We were previously discussing pushing deadline back anyway in light
of the later launch party dates.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts, I am flexible and open to any
suggestions / alternatives.
Cheers,
Kernow