[webproducers] you're invited: Art of The Proposal- NYC

  • From: "m o r r y" <morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:15:50 -0500

Thanks everyone who attended the last event for making it such a success. We've
got a larger room this time but please call to RSVP so we can be sure to
accomodate all that want to be there.
-------

Art of the Proposal
Friday, Nov. 1 12:30-2:00 p.m.

Parsons Auditorium @ 66 W. Fifth Avenue

New York, New York

What are client expectations? What strategies/deliverables can project
managers/freelancers utilize in successfully responding to RFPs? Clients
increasingly expect more with less, and up front work, e.g. rapid prototyping
often now supercedes wireframes. In an extremely tight market, putting together
the right proposal is the critical factor in a project success or failure,
regardless of the budget.

Please join The New School's Computer Instruction Center (CIC) and Web
Producers Organization (WPO) for a discussion of these issues with Chris Engle,
VP of Sales for Plumb Design, Christine M. Erikson, Senior Consultant with
CTGi, Kate Hartnick, President of Hartnick Consulting, and Sandy William,
Director of Online Services at the Barnett Group.

For more information or to RSVP for this event please e-mail cic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
or call the CIC at 212-229-5876

Panelists:

Chris Engle

Vice President Sales, Plumb Design www.plumbdesign.com

Plumb Design is a leading interface design and Web services firm that helps
clients such as Sony Music, Motorola and The Smithsonian Institute utilize
interactive technology to achieve their business objectives.  With a background
in marketing at American Airlines, Chris began his Web career at Sabre in 1996,
as a director for Sabre's Emerging Businesses Group, which included leading
online travel retailers Travelocity and Getthere.com.

Chris Erikson chriserikson@xxxxxxx

USA.NET operates one of the largest hosted infrastructures exclusively
dedicated to providing world-class enterprise messaging solutions with
industry-leading availability levels. The company provides a total end-to-end
solution to its clients, from assessment and migration to hosting, enhanced
services and complete customer service. USA.NET is the trusted partner for more
than 5,000 business customers worldwide

Kate Hartnik khartnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kate Hartnick is President of Hartnick Consulting, a marketing consulting firm
that provides marketing strategy, marketing communications, alliance
development, and online marketing solutions to non-profit organizations, media
companies and small businesses. Prior to founding Hartnick Consulting, Hartnick
was Vice President of the Strategic Planning Group at interactive agency,
i-traffic. She has also served as Vice President of Business Development at
FEED; the first Director of Corporate Sales at Internet research firm, Jupiter
Communications; and a Marketing Executive at the New York Daily News. Hartnick
received her BA, Magna Cum Laude, from Amherst College and her MBA from
Columbia University.

Sandy William
Director of Online Services, Barnett Group http://barnettgroup.com

The Barnett Group is in the business of helping businesses grow. We are a
branding and design firm that has been working with New York's finest art
institutions and galleries for over twenty years. Our clients include: The
Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Folger Shakespeare Library, The Jewish Museum,
The Museum of Modern Art, The Center for the Arts, The Municipal Art Society,
The Serge Sabarsky Gallery, and Vance Jordan Fine Art. Our services include:
Marketing Strategy, Catalogue and Book Design, Invitations and Announcements,
Event Promotion, Advertising, Identity and Branding, Editorial Services,
Translations, Website Design, and Photography.

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx