[webproducers] Re: webproducers Digest V4 #26: Discussion Board Questions

  • From: Ari Feldman <outdoorminer2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 07:13:26 -0800 (PST)

Courtney,

Yes, you raised another good point. Some systems are very feature-rich
but not necessarily easy-to-use and others are rather spartan and don't
offer some of the interface and usability comforts that certain users
may be accustomed to.

Open Source packages have the ability to be customized so that their
functionality can be adjusted to meet your needs. However, this isn't
always for the faint-of-heart since you need to code and/or have good
documentation on how the software works.

Meanwhile, some commercial packages (and Open Source packages as well)
support a modular architecure that allows you to incorporate additional
features as needed.

Like evaluating a CMS, there's a lot to consider when implementing one
or more discussion/community forums.