[webproducers] Re: text to speech and 3d image service - TTS vendor

  • From: Ari Feldman <ari1970@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:29:04 -0400

FYI, if you are just interested in TTS, consider voiceforge, a service from
Cepstral, one of the leaders in the TTS voice space:
http://voiceforge.com/

They offer a SaaS implementation with an API that let's you call specific
voices in a variety of different backend languages like PHP or Perl.

http://voiceforge.com/Speech-API.html

Oddcast uses (or used) Cepstral (as as well Nuance) and I'm pretty sure at
least one Cepstral voice is bundled with OS X...

just another option based on your needs. Just an FYI, TTS is very expensive
to roll your own. my company has explored this path so you're better off
going a route like this one (or Oddcast) if they meet your requirements.

Ari

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 2:13 PM, claudio chea <yituey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi list;
> Has anyone used recently a text to image / speech tool like oddcast's (
> www.oddcast.com) lately?
>
> thanks!
>
> Claudio Chea
>

> --=
> Too much e-mail? Manage your subscription at at
> http://webproducers.org/?page_id=9
>
> Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>
> Join us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3877&trk=hb_side_g
>

> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim your
> posts and delete personal information if you do not want them in the public
> web archive.

--=