[webproducers] Re: preferences file for MS Project

  • From: Maia Gemmill <mgemmill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 16:55:29 -0500

On 11/6/01 4:26 PM, "Greg Glaser" <gglaser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The master template is called GLOBAL.MPT. It's easiest to use windows file
> explorer to search for it. You can delete it - MSProj will create it if it
> can't be found in the expected place.
>
> Almost everything else lives in the registry, but you might want to be more
> specific about your troubles before you head in there...

OK, here's my head-pounding, hair-pulling issue. Hearst Interactive Studios
officially works a 35-hour week (7-hour days). A while ago, I set the
default calendar time to 35 hours per week. For some reason, though, when I
enter tasks into Project, it stretches tasks out onto an additional day. I
haven't created a totally fresh Project file for a while, but I don't
remember seeing this frustrating behavior before...

Here's what happens:

1. Create task, with duration of one day.
2. Enter single resource, assigned 100%
3. Look at Task Usage view: task is assigned for 6 hours on day one, and 1
hour on day two.

I tossed the Global.mpt file, and now we're back to a 40 hour week, but the
funky task usage persists, only now it's 7 hours on day one and 1 hour on
day two.

What am I missing? There has to be some option or preference that I clicked
ages ago and don't remember. I can't believe that Project is *this*
brain-dead without interference from the user. ;)

Maia Gemmill * Production Manager
Hearst Interactive
959 eighth avenue
new york ny 10019