[webproducers] Re: domain name extensions

  • From: m o r r y <codecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:41:40 -0500 (EST)

I usually buy as many as possible of the popular ones for my clients just
as a way to reserve and protect the brand.  If I had a nickel for all the
times I accidentally went to a .com version of a not for profit that was a
.org or .net. It's especialy bad if anothers use of your domain name on
another extension could harm your rep.  We've all seen the
www.whitehouse.com example right?

You can always point all the domains to the same place.

best,

morry

 --

www.coDecode.com