[webproducers] Re: Senior Project Manger opportunity

  • From: Catherine Sweeney <kachinarine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:12:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi Saul:

Given the multitude of applications you will undoubtedly receive for this
position, you may be asking yourself, why should you hire me?  Permit me to
provide three compelling reasons:

1)  For five years, I was a Business Analyst/Project Manager at American
Express.  During that time, I was responsible for the delivery of two major
technologies projects.  Both projects required significant collaboration with
several departments including Operations, Customer Service, Sales, and
Technologies.  That I successfully deployed two major technologies projects
speaks volumes about my ability to build relationships and drive results.

2)  Prior to joining American Express, I spent a number of years with J.P.
Morgan Chase and Citigroup in credit card marketing.  I held various positions
in Acquisitions, Portfolio Management, New Product Development, Re-Pricing and
Balance Transfer.  My tenure with both companies spanned an interesting time in
credit cards -- and my responsibilities changed rapidly from mass acquisition
efforts to more targeted mailings, from direct mail to channel expansion, from
set fees and APR's to fee reduction and variable APR's, and finally, when the
market was saturated, the battle for accounts receivable through attractive
balance transfer offers.  These experiences taught me the value of reducing
time to market in order to remain competitive.

3)  I am detail-oriented, driven and passionate about my career.  I take pride
in doing a job well, on-time, and within budget.  I am an excellent
communicator and can set and manage expectations.  I am a team-player, ready to
roll up my sleeves and hit the ground running.

I bring exceptionally strong business analyst and project management skills to
this position and would appreciate your consideration in this regard.

I can be reached at 917.750.1749.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Catherine Sweeney

Saul Cohen <saul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Interactive Project Management Supervisor
San Francisco
Job Summary:
The Interactive Project Management Supervisor is
responsible for the direct supervision of the
agency's project management staff. It is this
individual's responsibility to participate in the
selection and performance management of all
project managers, as well as shape workflow
methodologies, controls, and documentation
standards for the group. In addition to
providing guidance and mentoring of project
managers, this individual must also be able and
willing to take ownership of projects when
needed. Additional responsibilities and job
requirements include:
Responsibilities:

? Work with project managers to identify,
develop, and document project lifecycle phases,
events, milestones, and tasks for each deliverable

? In addition to adhering to core project
management responsibilities, ensure project
managers are always thinking about strategy,
budgets, and creative excellence for all of their
projects

? Monitor activities of project management team
and client on a regular basis, identifying
appropriate times to reset client expectations
and/or mediate in situations where conflict
arises and understand how and when to escalate
issues to the appropriate levels

? Effectively build relationships with agency
clients and ensure understanding of their
business objectives short-and-long-term goals,
and internal capabilities

? Facilitate the internal or external problem
resolution and escalation process so that project
schedules and methodologies are not adversely
impacted

? Anticipate staffing shortages or overages
before they can affect project deliverables
and/or departmental billability

? Participate in the preparation of the
department budget and assist in tracking
expenditures in order to operate within scope and
forecast

? Meet regularly with development and creative
management to identify risks and ensure success
of all projects

? Guarantee project management team compliance
with established agency and client standards
Requirements:
? A minimum of 6-8 years of professional project
management experience, to include large web site
development projects, relationship marketing
systems, and Online Advertising and Email
programs in an Interactive direct marketing
environment

? Team-oriented leadership and proven management skills

? Strong presentation, training, and organizational skills

? Demonstrated experience with budgets and resource allocation

? Excellent communicator, both verbally and in
writing, with experience in communicating to
audiences with varying levels of technical
understanding

? Proactive thinker and creative problem solver
who is able to work independently yet function
within a team environment

? Extensive knowledge of a broad spectrum of web
technology components and solutions

? Fluency with MS Project, MS Excel, and basic project planning tools

? Serve (along with the Director of Web Services
and Strategic Planners) as a primary contact for
all client strategic issues and input, if needed

Please contact if you know any one qualified:

Saul Cohen
Cohen Search Consultants

saul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--
Best regards,

Saul Cohen
Cohen Search Consultants
41 Lauren Ave
Novato, CA 94947

audio. 415 898 3123 visual 415 892 9557
saul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.cohensearch.com

The WPO list is a public discussion forum with a public web archive linked at
www.WebProducers.org.

-- Type: application/msword
-- File: CSweeney Resume BA1.doc
-- Desc: CSweeney Resume BA1.doc