[webproducers] Hard Lesson Learned

  • From: Michael James Pinto <michaeljamespinto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers-list <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 17:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

All the fancy organization time tracking software will never make up
for sloppy people. I've been amazed to see people beg more for
expensive solutions that are ignored after three months, while more low
key types track their hours in a simple MS Word document.

I've also seen people who know how to use every silly feature in MS
Project yet don't have a clue about the concept "Critical Path". My
other favorite gripe is with people who us MS Project to keep slipping
the schedule - or aren't honest about their time (i.e. most people work
on several projects at once and take breaks).

Another strange observation: Most of the organized people that I've met
don't use sophisticated or special organization programs. In fact I
know on PM type who wrote all his notes on paper and made sure they
were all in folders that could be pulled out in a minute.

Michael

=====
M I C H A E L   J A M E S   P I N T O

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx