[webproducers] Re: Gov't to make H1-Visa's permanent

  • From: Scott Spence <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 20:02:36 +0100 (BST)

Dear Moderator,

I personally find this message offensive, completely off the topic of this
list and seeded with anti-immigration messages. I do hope that the person
who posted this message to the 'webproducers' list is struck off.  This
breach of netiquette should not be tolerated.

Trying to link IT jobs to the issuing of visas to "immigrant workers" is
completely unfounded - I spent 20 minutes checking over 6 newspaper sites
to try and find a reference to these 'changes' without finding one - I
challenge the author to raise at least 2 references to their claims (but
off the list of course :).

Additionally the author alters their message, first suggesting that funds
have been 'cut off' and finally conceding that it is a 'pending policy
change'. Regardless it is NOT for this list.

Scare mongering is nothing to do with creating web sites.

Disappointed,

Scott Spence

London, UK

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Brenda Harmon wrote:

> Normally I wouldn't bring a political issue to this list. However, I think
> that this issue is of great importance for those of use who work in IT.
>
> The Bush administration cut off funds for an IT educational program in San
> Jose in order to fund a program to bring more H1-Visa workers into the US,
> and make the Visa's permanent.
>
> In effect, giving Visa holders permanent residence, driving down IT wages,
> and making it more difficult for American citizens to find jobs.
>
> If this issue is a concern for you, I strongly urge you to contact your
> representatives in Congress, send an email to the White House, and let other
> IT workers know about this pending policy change.
>
> And vote this November.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Brenda Harmon

> Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

London, United Kingdom +44 (0)7 957 460 104

IT & PRINCE2 Project Management Consultant

Windows - Remote Support - Security - Linux

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx