[webproducers] Gov't to make H1-Visa's permanent

  • From: "Brenda Harmon" <harm14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:42:58 -0600

Normally I wouldn't bring a political issue to this list. However, I think
that this issue is of great importance for those of use who work in IT.

The Bush administration cut off funds for an IT educational program in San
Jose in order to fund a program to bring more H1-Visa workers into the US,
and make the Visa's permanent.

In effect, giving Visa holders permanent residence, driving down IT wages,
and making it more difficult for American citizens to find jobs.

If this issue is a concern for you, I strongly urge you to contact your
representatives in Congress, send an email to the White House, and let other
IT workers know about this pending policy change.

And vote this November.

Thanks for your time,
Brenda Harmon

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx