[webproducers] Re: Creating an online community

  • From: Brian Mount <brianmount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:52:01 -0500

You need to see if there are any existing webserver specs that you
need to work within. Once known, you need to pick an appropriate
server side programming language and develop the solution. Using
something like Ruby on Rails will help you create a system like this
quickly, but in truth you could easily use a 3rd party system like
Basecamp, or a more brandable piece of software like ActiveCollab and
be up and running that day.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 26, 2010, at 7:38 PM, FM Business Solutions
<solutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 > wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was approached about developing a website in which users would be
> able to
> login and create profiles. In addition to accessing resources on the
> site
> they would be able to upload personal files, such as a resume, only
> viewable
> by themselves.
>
> Any suggestions on how to go about this?
>
> Thanks,
> Frank
>
> --=
> Too much e-mail? Manage your subscription at at
> http://webproducers.org/?page_id=9
>
> Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>
> Join us on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3877&trk=hb_side_g
>

> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim
> your posts and delete personal information if you do not want them
> in the public web archive.

--=