[wdmaudiodev] installing unsigned APO on SP1

  • From: Ernest_Burghardt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:12:36 -0700

I am attempting to use an unsigned APO onto Vista Ultimate 64-bit w/ SP1...
It appears to install correctly and then requests a restart, but if you
look closely the Yellow Bang is present in the DeviceManager and it will
not load after the restart
I view the Driver properties and see your friend and mine, (Code 39)

I've set the registry flag

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio
"DisableProtectedAudioDG"=dword:00000001 and restarted my system, which
used to work before...

Is there a new workaround to ensure unsigned drivers/APOs will function
with Vista x64 SP1?

Thanks in advance,
Ernie

Ernest L. Burghardt