[wdmaudiodev] Re: 7.1 test audio

  • From: Ernest_Burghardt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:59:24 -0700

Hi Neetu,

I've seen this page and even used the test files provided, but came up
against the question of whether the channels were down-mixed depending upon
the player app used... but I did not try winamp before.
Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Best regards,
Ernie

Ernest L. Burghardt
Software Engineer
Logitech
360-256-3239 (office)

                                             wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             "Neetu Sand"                                               cc
             <neetu.freelist@xxxxxxx
             om>                                                   Subject
                                             [wdmaudiodev] Re: 7.1 test
                                             audio

             Sent by:
             wdmaudiodev-bounce@free
             lists.org

             04/20/2008 11:01 PM

                Please respond to
             wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                       rg

Hi Ernie,

You should be able to download and use the tool below to generate 7.1
channel test audio:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=72F6F2FA-0ABE-4A92-9DD0-FD35B966825C&displaylang=en

If you want more details on this then goto:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/howto/articles/creating71audio.aspx

This will provide you enough information to generate the test audio.

You should be able to use "Winamp" as a test tool/application for
multi-channel audio.

Thanks, Neetu.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 3:27 AM, <Ernest_Burghardt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Everyone,

  I am looking for some 8 discrete channel test audio and a corresponding
  player that will allow me to test a filter driver.

  I have attempted to use a Blu-ray drive and play with PowerDVD BD edition
  that came with the player, but when booting into debug mode of XP,
  PowerDVD suddenly complains about the video driver.
  So this leaves me without the 8 channel audio that I am interested in...

  Any suggestions would be welcomed.

  Thanks in advance,

  Ernie

  Ernest L. Burghardt