[wdmaudiodev] Vista and speaker/channel config for owned audio driver

  • From: "Philip Lukidis" <plukidis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:04:15 -0500

Hello,

Concerning Vista and our own audio drivers, is there a way for our CPL to set
the channel configuration of our audio device, in such a way that the system is
aware of it?  I have implemented GET/SET for the
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_CHANNEL_CONFIG property, and after our CPL sets the channel
config from usermode, the system does a "get" on it, with the new value being
returned.  However, the speaker configuration in the Windows audio CPL is
unchanged, even after a disabling/enabling of our audio device in the device
manager, despite the fact that the driver returns the new channel configuration
on startup.

This disabling/enabling test in the device manager pretty much rules out
dynamic audio subdevices, unless I'm missing something.  So then, the question
is, how to set the speaker configuration in OUR audio device (and not those of
third parties), such that the system is aware of it, and it is reflected in the
Windows audio CPL?

thanks,

Philip Lukidis