[wdmaudiodev] Problems about dynamic audio subdevice on Vista

  • From: <StarXing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:49:56 +0800

Hello everyone,
I am develping an audio driver which implement dynamic audio subdevice
on windows vista.
The audio subdevice can be instantiated/uninstantiated on behalf of
user's request through device IO control.
After instantiating the audio subdevice, the user would like to locate
thate audio endpoints through MMDevice API and render through that
device.
In most cases these are running without trouble except two strange
issues.
1) Can't locate the audio subdevice through MMDevice API although we can
see it in system audio control panel
2) Can't see the audio subdevice in system audio control panel
In case 2, the audio subdevice will appear in system audio control panel
if we restart the "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" services.

Any pointers on these 2 issues are greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

HW