[wdmaudiodev] Remote desktop audio problem in different windows sessions.

  • From: Karthik Gurumurthy <karthik.gurumurthy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:01:10 +0530

Hi all,
           I have some peculiar problem here,
1. I have developed an virtual audio device driver that is capable of
sending audio (played by any player) over a network by socket connection.
2. i open an remote connection from another Linux machine (rdesktop IP).
3. if i open the socket and receive the audio packets and then if i play it,
is playing perfectly.
4. Now in windows machine if i log in to different user and play an audio,
this audio  that is also being routed to the remote machine.

How can i solve this problem, I want to route audio of only one session to
the one established connection.

I got some pointers
1. Can i use \\Session\\0\\DosDevice<device name> to restrict device to be
loaded only for session 0. then how can i createfile in the user mode (by
what name \\\\.\\name)
2. Or can i dynamically load the driver during each session?

Thanks and Regards
Karthik SG