[wdmaudiodev] Problem getting MSVAD driver handle

  • From: "Jan M" <jan_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:00:14 +0100

Hi,

I am having a problem with getting a handle on the example MSVAD (Simple) audio driver. It is installed using DevCon and working ok.

Using the example application code from WinDDK\7600.16385.0\src\general\ioctl\wdm, I have tried the following:

HANDLE hDrv = CreateFile(L"\\\\.\\MSVAD (Simple)",
                                              GENERIC_READ|GENERIC_WRITE,
                                              0,
                                              NULL,
CREATE_ALWAYS, // Also tried OPEN_EXISTING FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, // Also tried 0
                                              NULL);

Other paths tried:

L"\\\\.\\*MSVADSimple"
L"\\\\.\\MSVAD_Simple"

What path should I pass to CreateFile()?

Thanks,

Jan