[wdmaudiodev] Re: Problem getting MSVAD driver handle

  • From: "Jan M" <jan_m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:07:41 +0100

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your help. Nearly there. A couple of questions. In the app, I've got the driver info by calling:

HDEVINFO hDev = SetupDiGetClassDevs(&KSCATEGORY_AUDIO,NULL,NULL,DIGCF_PRESENT|DIGCF_DEVICEINTERFACE)

SetupDiEnumDeviceInfo(hDev,dwIndex,&DeviceInfoData)

SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty(hDev,
                                &DeviceInfoData,
                                SPDRP_HARDWAREID,
                                &DataT,
                                (PBYTE) pwszBuffer,
                                dwBufferSize,
                                &dwBufferSize)

pwszBuffer now points to my driver HWID.

From here, how do I get a handle I can use with DeviceIoControl() ?

... there is already a
well-defined mechanism for sending custom requests to KS drivers.

What is the well-defined mechanism for sending custom requests to KS drivers?

Thanks,

Jan