[wdmaudiodev] Re: Audio capture freezing on Vista

  • From: AI Developer <developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:42:37 +0530

Hi Jeff,

We ran into a similar problem, but in our case it turned out to be a case of numeric overflow. Our code was doing some calculations, which were dependent on system time (KeQueryPerformanceCounter), and in one part of the calculation, the values overflowed into the sign bit!

Thanks.
Devendra.

Jeff Pages wrote:
Has anyone else experienced long-term audio capture just stopping on Vista after running for a few days? I've had this happen with my WavePCI drivers and now with a WaveCyclic driver, but it doesn't happen with WaveRT. It runs for what seems a random period of time, which may be hours, days or even weeks, but then just grinds to a halt, with the application not receiving any more data and, in the case of WavePCI, the driver just not getting any more mappings.

Jeff Pages

****************** WDMAUDIODEV addresses: Post message: mailto:wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe Unsubscribe: mailto:wdmaudiodev-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe Moderator: mailto:wdmaudiodev-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx URL to WDMAUDIODEV page: http://www.wdmaudiodev.com/