[wdmaudiodev] Re: APOs and multichannel inputs

  • From: "Frank Yerrace" <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:41:40 -0700

Sorry, I was only addressing your question, "However, that begs another
question - should I still be able to select 5.1 output even with
2-channel hardware?"

Regarding support for multichannel inputs to your APO: I can't comment
on details but I do know it's possible. As Dugan Porter said, our own
"in box" SYSFX effects do this. Note that you would do this in your LFX
APO, not the GFX APO.

Frank Yerrace

Microsoft Corporation

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights