[Westchurch Ramblings] Invitation to Sing with the Plainsmen at their Christmas Concert

  • From: Kerry Mayes <kerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wc-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:54:18 +1200

Hi All

The Canterbury Plainsmen invite any men who would like to sing with them in
their annual Christmas concert to join us for practice on Monday nights
(starting tonight but don't worry if you miss one or a few).  We rehearse 7p
monday nights at the Upper Riccarton Methodist Church corner of Yaldhurst
Road and Brake Street (entry from Brake Street).

The Concert is on Saturday the 11th December in the Christchurch Cathedral.

We will be singing a good range of Carols and Christmas songs, both
Christian and secular, modern and traditional.  Some of the Christian
arrangements are extremely powerful, my favourite combines "Away in a
Manger" with "Amazing Grace" (reflects on God's grace displayed by
Christmas).

It's a great way to "try out" this style of singing without making
any commitment beyond the Christmas concert.

I'll be there tonight from 7pm if you want me to meet you. (Send me a text
on 021 325 956).

God bless,
Kerry