[WADNet Post] May 8, 2006: GUAA-WI News

  • From: WADNet Post Editor <wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wadnetpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 01:07:44 -0500

Gallaudet University Alumni Association News
   -- Forum on Gallaudet University Unity Protest & GUAA-WI Chapter

Hi,

This is Christopher C. Woodfill, Class of '97 alumni of Gallaudet University. Several Gallaudet University alumni have gotten together and had discussions about the protests at Gallaudet University that had been ongoing since May 1st.

We are in the process of planning a forum discussion about the Gallaudet University Unity protests and the presidential selection process leading up to the selection of Dr. Jane Fernandes that resulted in a week-long protests. We are also hoping to be able to invite the two Wisconsin Gallaudet University Board of Trustee members, Pamela Holmes and Richard Kinney to the forum to clear up any misunderstandings and misrepresentations about the presidential search process and the selection of Dr. Jane Fernandes as the ninth president of Gallaudet University. This forum is also open to the concerned Deaf community members.

We are also interested in reviving the Wisconsin chapter of Gallaudet University Alumni Association. Please e-mail to Christopher.Woodfill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you are interested in participating in this forum and/or reviving the Wisconsin chapter of Gallaudet University Alumni Association. When the forum plan is all worked out, I will e-mail directly to all who have responded. We are hoping to have the forum discussion sometimes this week. The reason for the e-mail request is that the forum discussion plan including Pamela Holmes and Richard Kinney may fall in place quickly.

Thanks,

Christopher C. Woodfill
High School Social Studies Teacher
Wisconsin School for the Deaf
309 W. Walworth Ave
Delavan, WI 53115
Tlf: 262-728-7105
Fax: 262-728-7129
Woodfcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

   (Contributed by: Christopher C. Woodfill, WADNet Reader)

IF YOU ARE CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESSES, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE TWO STEPS:

Then

2) SUBSCRIBE to the WADNet Post by sending an email from your NEW email address
to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

TO SUBMIT ARTICLES for WADNet Posts, send an email with the information to
wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx by 7pm CST Sunday night.  WADNet Posts generally go
out on Monday and/or Tuesday evenings each week.  Special Postings will be made
when there is an urgent need and on a case-by-case basis.  Please contact the
WADNet Post Editor if you have any questions.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from the WADNet Post, send an email to
wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

Please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org for the latest information
and events.  Also, please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org if you
wish to become a member of WAD.