[WADNet Post] May 30, 2006: Deaf Sports News

  • From: WADNet Post Editor <wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wadnetpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 00:50:14 -0500

Deaf Sports News
-- May 1-Aug 14: Madison Area Deaf Golf League
-- May 31-Aug 2: GMAD Women’s Softball League Games
-- Jun 2-Jul 14: Madison Deaf Softball Schedule
-- Jun 9: Milwaukee Deaf Bowling League Meeting
-- Jun 30-Jul 3: 2nd Annual WSCD Campout and ATV Trails & Races
-- Jul 16: Learn How to Golf!

2007 Events
-- Apr 19-22: Deaf Bowling Tournament Hosted by GMAD ** May 6 Early Combo Deadline **
May 1-Aug 14: Madison Area Deaf Golf League

There will be a Deaf Golf League at the Pleasant View Golf Club in Middleton this coming summer. Starting on May 1 to August 14, the tee time block is 4:50 pm to 5:35 pm on Mondays. The green fees will be 17.00 for 9 holes. The optional fee for cart price is $6.00 for half a cart.

Dates that we will not play are:
May 29 - Memorial Day and
July 31 - MDGA tourney in Michigan.

Deadline for the contract is March 25. The total fee for 14 weeks is $238.00.

If you need ask some question to John Dyreson. His address is jpdyreson@xxxxxxxxxxx

(Contributed by: unknown WADNet Reader)

May 31-Aug 2: GMAD Women’s Softball League Game

Greater Milwaukee Association of the Deaf (GMAD) Women’s Softball League
We would like to share this information with you for those who wish to come and watch us play but we are also looking for ladies who are interested to play on our team.

Where: S. 78th Field – 3727 S. 78th Street, Milwaukee

Come on and join us or root for us, here is our schedule:

Wednesday Nights:

May 31, 2006 – 6:00 PM on Field # 2
June 7, 2006 – 6:00 PM on Field # 1
June 14, 2006 – "BYE" game – we will not play
June 21, 2006 – 7:00 PM on Field # 1
June 28, 2006 – 6:00 PM on Field # 2
July 5, 2006 – 6:00 PM on Field # 1
July 12, 2006 – 6:00 PM on Field # 1
July 19, 2006 – 6:00 PM on Field # 2
July 26, 2006 – 7:00 PM on Field # 1
August 2, 2006 – "BYE" game- we will not play

If you are interested or questions about playing for our team, please contact Denise Johnson (Women Softball Manager) at

djohnson58@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

(Contributed by: Denise Johnson, WADNet Reader)

Jun 2-Jul 14: Madison Deaf Softball Schedule

Come out and cheer for our Deaf Softball Team.
Their schedule- (link to directions to each park is listed below)

YAY TEAM!!

June 2
Bowman2
6:30

June 9
Goodman 1
7:30

June 16
Olbrich 1
7:30

June 23
Goodman 1
8:30

June 30
Goodman 2
8:30

July 7
Olbrich 1
7:30

July 14
Olbrich 4
7:30

This link will give you directions to all of the parks.
http://www.mscr.org/contentPage.cfm?ID=362

(Contributed by: Denise Pulfer, Access to Independence)

Jun 9: Milwaukee Deaf Bowling League Meeting

Milwaukee Deaf Bowling League 2005-2006 has completed.

We will have a meeting on June 9th at 7pm at Greater Milwaukee Association for the Deaf for upcoming season 2006-2007.

If you are thinking about joining Milwaukee Deaf Bowling League. It's right place for you to come and find out. June 9th is to discuss and decide on how many teams we will have and the league will start in August 3rd week. If you are unsure about joining but you can also become subsitute if we need some. If you need any questions. Please feel free to contact David at DLetkiewicz@xxxxxxxxx

(Contributed by: Milwaukee Deaf Bowling League Officers)

Jun 30-Jul 3: 2nd Annual WSCD Campout and ATV Trails & Races

Hosted by: Wisconsin Snowmobilers Association of the Deaf
Where: Embarrass River ATV Park in Tigerton, WI
When: June 30 through July 3rd, 2006
Admission: $5.00 Donation

Camping Rates:
Tent site: $12.00 per NIGHT (no electricity) Two tents per site, $5.00 each additional tent
RV site: $18.00 per NIGHT (with electricity) One RV and one tent per site OR Two tents per site, $5.00 each additional tent

To reserve your tent or RV site, email to Bill Berg at tigertonatvpark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 715-535-2262 - BE SURE to include

"under WSCD"

Details and Events:
Cash Prizes
Social Night at RV Camping Area
Track and Mug Drag Races

Race Lists:
Men ATV Trail Time
Men Tug-o-war
Men Obstacle
Men 2-Wheel Drive Mug Drag
Men 4-Wheel Drive Mug Drag
Women Obstacle
Women 2-Wheel Drive Mug Drag
Women 4-Wheel Drive Mug Drag
And more!

Event Chairman: Michael Cerutti
If you have questions contact Michael at mcerutti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or mcerutti@xxxxxxxxx OR TDD at 608-846-8685.

(Contributed by: Faye Jordan-Peters, WADNet Reader)

Jul 16: Learn How to Golf!

Learn how to Golf!!

July 16
In Madison
12pm lunch
1pm lesson

Learn how to golf from Deaf Golfers.
Space is limited

Contact Denise Pulfer to reserve or more info
deaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
608 242-8480 tty
geocities.com/madisondeaf

(Contributed by: Denise Pulfer, WADNet Reader)

2007 EVENTS
Apr 19-22: Deaf Bowling Tournament Hosted by GMAD

Milwaukee Deaf Bowling Assocation will host GLDBA 2007 in Milwaukee

Thursday, April 19, 2007
T.B.A.
See separate flyer in the near future

Friday, April 20, 2007
Herman Cahen Championship
A.M.F. West Allis Lanes 9:00 a.m.

Lillian Ellis Kernz Queens
West Lanes 9:00am

Senior Master
West Lanes 10:00 a.m.

GLDBA/GLDWBA CAPTAINS’ Meeting
Four Points Hotel Sheraton 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, April 21, 2007
GLDBA Singles / Doubles Events
A.M.F. West Allis Lanes 8:00 a.m.

GLDWBA Singles/Doubles Events
West Lanes 8:00a.m.

Grand Ball Room Hotel
7:00p.m. @ Four Points by Sheraton

Sunday, April 22, 2007
GLDBA Team Events
A.M.F. West Allis Lanes 10:00 am

GLDWBA Team Event
West Lanes 10:00a.m.

Hotel Headquarters:
Four Points by Sheraton • 4747 South Howell Avenue • Milwaukee, WI 53207

For General Information and Flyer:
GLDBA Chairperson
Contact: David Letkiewicz
W201 N11402 Oakview Avenue
Germantown, WI 53022
TTY: 262 - 251- 8623
VP: 262 - 277 - 4000
E-Mail: Dletkiewicz@xxxxxxxxx

For Entry Forms to GLDBA Bowling
Contact Michael Jasko, GLDBA Secretary-Treasurer
14181 Pine Lakes Drive
Strongsville, OH 44136
TTY: 440 -572 -0294
Fax: 440 -572 -6580
E-mail: gldbastjasko@xxxxxxx

For Entry Forms to GLDWBA Bowling:
Contact Karen Hager, Secretary - Treasurer
215 E. Churchhill Court
Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
TTY & FAX 847-265 -5358
E- mail gldwbasthager@xxxxxxx

Web (not yet updated): http://www.gldba-gldwba.org

(Contributed by: David Letkiewicz and MDBA Head Committees)

IF YOU ARE CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESSES, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE TWO STEPS:

Then

2) SUBSCRIBE to the WADNet Post by sending an email from your NEW email address
to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

TO SUBMIT ARTICLES for WADNet Posts, send an email with the information to
wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx by 7pm CST Sunday night.  WADNet Posts generally go
out on Monday and/or Tuesday evenings each week.  Special Postings will be made
when there is an urgent need and on a case-by-case basis.  Please contact the
WADNet Post Editor if you have any questions.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from the WADNet Post, send an email to
wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

Please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org for the latest information
and events.  Also, please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org if you
wish to become a member of WAD.