[WADNet Post] August 14, 2006: GUAA News

  • From: WADNet Post Editor <wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wadnetpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:54:32 -0500

Gallaudet University Alumni Association News
-- Sep 22: GUAA 50th Anniversary Event
-- Sep 28: Bright Idea Workshop Series
-- Sep 29-30: Volleyball Tournament
-- Oct 20-22: Class of '76 30th Anniversary Reunion
Sep 22: GUAA-WI 50th Anniversary Event

WHAT: GUAA WISCONSIN 50TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT
WHEN: SEPTEMBER 22, 2006
WHERE: HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, OAK CREEK

SCHEDULE:
5 - 6 PM Exhibition: T-Mobile
6 - 7 PM Deaf Childrens Workshop: Birds of Prey
7 - 9 PM Deaf Cultural Workshop: "OOPS! I Didn't Mean That" with Trudy Suggs

FREE ADMISSION!
EVERYONE WELCOME
Children can swim in the water park for $7.50 fee while parents attend workshops

Sponsors: Gallaudet University Alumni Association (GUAA)
Gallaudet University Regional Center, Johnson Community College
Professional Interpreting Enterprise, Inc. (PIE)
American Postal Workers Union AFL-CIO
Merrill Lynch
Tri-City National Bank
Thrifty Car Rentals

HOTEL INFORMATION: Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee Airport 1400 W. Zellman Court (13th and College)

Conference Rates: $96.96 (+taxes)
AAA Rates: $91.75 (+taxes)
(1 king or 2 queen beds)

Kidsuites (1 king or 2 queen beds and 2 bunk beds)
Conference Rates: $164.16 (+taxes)
AAA Rates: $154.75 (+taxes)
All rooms includes microwave oven, refrigerator, wireless high-speed internet.
Kidsuites also have 27" TV, DVD, and Sony Playstation 2
Complimentary Express Start Breakfast

RESERVATIONS: (414) 563-4000 or Toll Free 1-800-HOLIDAY

WATER PARK IN HOTEL:
6,000 square foot indoor water park
Whoever stays overnight in hotel gets 5 free waterpark passes.
If not staying in the hotel, $7.50 fee per person for waterpark passes.
Pool closes at 10:00 PM
** NOTE: There are NO lifeguards. Younger children need adult supervision at all time regardless of their swimming skills.
If someone can volunteer their time making sure the children are safe and older children are well-behaved and follow posted pool rules like no running, diving, etc. please let us know, contact gafitts@xxxxxxxxxxx or WiGuaa@xxxxxxxxx

FREE T-MOBILE SIDEKICK II OR MDA WILL BE GIVEN AWAY AFTER WORKSHOPS!

MORE EVENT DETAILS SOON

For more information contact:
WiGuaa@xxxxxxxxx
gafitts@xxxxxxxxxxx

(Contributed by: Gary Fitts, WADNet Reader)

Sep 28: Bright Idea Workshop Series

Deaf & Hard of Hearing Alliance
and
Gallaudet University Alumni Association of Wisconsin Chapter

jointly sponsor newly formed

Bright Idea Workshop Series*.

Technologies of the Future: Ideas and Issues

Presented by Claude Stout, Executive Director, Telecommunications for the Deaf, Inc.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

7 PM to 9 PM

At
Cooperative Educational Services Agency #1
19601 West Bluemound Road
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045-5931

Free Admission

Interpreting Services will be provided.

Free refreshment

*Bright Idea Workshop Series are educational events funded by Deaf & Hard of Hearing Alliance and Gallaudet University Alumni Association of Wisconsin Chapter to empower the knowledge of the world to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.

For more information, contact Joel Mankowski at deafcopper@xxxxxxx or Gary Fitts at wiguaa@xxxxxxxxxx

(Contributed by: Joel Mankowski, WADNet Reader)

Sep 29-30: Volleyball Tournament

GUAA WI Chapter Event: Volleyball Tournament
September 29-30, 2006

Gallaudet University Versus University of Wisconsin-Whitewater

MORE DETAILS SOON

(Contributed by: Gary Fitts, WADNet Reader)

Oct 20-22: Class of '76 30th Anniversary Reunion

Greetings!

The Gallaudet University Class of 1976 will hold its 30th anniversary reunion during Homecoming Weekend, October 20-22, 2006. This will be a fairly low-key affair, nothing like our wonderful 25th anniversary reunion, but we will make sure that you enjoy yourself nonetheless!

Renee Poyer Suiter and I are co-chairs, and we are ably assisted by reunion planning veterans Ashton Dunbar, Kent Keepper, and Vicki Lowen, and our class president, Lynn Jacobowitz. (DC area alumni: We can use more help! Contact Renee at Renee.Suiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or me at Robert.Weinstock@gallaudetedu.)

Reunion details will be distributed via email, and also posted on our class web site: http://www.gallaudetspirit76.org. Registration will be a modest $76, and will include Saturday evening dinner.

At this time, please let us know if you expect to attend. Also, please be sure we have your correct email address. If you are mistakenly listed with our class, but actually belong to a different class, please let us know that, also.

Many thanks!

Renee Suiter and BobWeinstock
Reunion Co-chairs

Lost Alumni
We are looking for current postal and email addresses for the following people. (Yes, it’s a rather long list.)

Can you help? Send your information to me, and I’ll add it to our database. I will also forward this information to the Office of Alumni Relations.

William C. Aills
Bakari M. Aly
Donald R. Ames
Yvonne S. Andres
Winfrey E. Arnold

Dixie M. Baker
James A. Barela
Bernard A. Barfi
John W. Barker
Anacleto R. Battad
Bradford A. Batton
Benjamin F. Benson
Joel W. Binkley
Bonnie M. Bland
Betty J. Blevins
Theresa P. Borode
John P. Boyd
Linda T. Bradley
Rebecca L. Brinson
Joyce A. Brown
Gregory A. Brown
Walter A. Brown
Les E. Bruening
David E. Bugbee
Richard C. Bullard
Mary C. Burns
Linda J. Burton
Nancy Buza

Linda S. Campbell
Ronald F. Campbell
Douglas C. Cannon
Connie J. Carson
Douglas N. Casey
Penney D. Cecil
Susan R. Chaples
Rose M. Cherry
Bradley A. Christesen
Norma J. Clapp
Vivian R. Clark
Terry M. Clem
Don A. Cogswell
Cecily D. Colle
Roy W. Collins
Kenneth D. Collins
Shirley E. Collins
Gary A. Combs
Carol J. Comp
Steven H. Coriell
Warren C. Coryell
Nancy K. Cowles
Patricia A. Crago

Eric N. Davis
Gregory P. Desrosiers
Jimmie M. Dickens
Lori R. Dreeszen
Janet E. Drennen
Shirley D. Dubber
Annmarie Duggan-Hastings
Robert D. Dunkley
Linda I. Durand
Roger E. Durand
Rosetta W. Duren

Claire C. Ellis
Terry K. Engleman
Diana T. Eurek

Christine M. Farber
Nancy J. Fishbein
Paula J. Fitch
Stephen E. Flaten
Pamela R. Friedman

Dean J. Gabel
Michael W. Gallagher
Esteban Garcia
Donald A. Garner
Larry W. Geiszler
Jacqueline A. Gerlis
Jim N. Gibbs
Cynthia L. Gilmore
Richard O. Glover
Dennis A. Godfrey
Angela A. Gorczyca
Krista H. Gough
John M. Grannan

John A. Hajduk
Ronald W. Hall
Jeter Hall
Charles G. Harbison
Mary L. Harbison
Cheryl A. Hardtke
Donald L. Haring
Karen L. Harvester
Gerianne R. Healy
Donald M. High
Robert Hiltermann
Donald G. Hinkley
Michael G. Hirsch
Hau-Sun Ho
Paul E. Homon
Arlan L. Howard
Gary P. Huffstater
Elizabeth A. Huntley
Howard L. Hurd

Marjorie A. Iller

Rosemary M. Jackson
Charles L. Jarrett
Peter J. Jucius
Maureen M. Jund

Kent H. Keepper
Dieter F. Kellerman
Stephanie Kelley
David L. Killam
Sheryl A. Kirby
Brenda A. Kohrman
Susan J. Konkel
Laura Kresterke

Douglas W. Lancaster
Linda F. Lane
Barbara L. Larson
Horace A. Larson
Linda L. Laviolette
James M. Lawless
Robert H. Lenderman
Patrica V. Lenner
Andrew M. Liebenthal
James E. Litchfield
Sylvia D. Little
George J. Loustalot
Janet L. Lund

Craig L. Majewski
Alice L. Maynard
Barbara McChesney
Elizabeth A. McKendry
Robert E. McNeil
Hugh J. McQuiston
Lanny V. Mebust
Debbie J. Mendoza
John W. Merritt
Linda S. Morton
Robert D. Morton
Mitchel F. Muno
Caroline N. Murashige

John E. Nelson
Darryl W. Niefer
Sylvia K. Nystrom
Chester D. Nystrom
Penny S. Nystrom

Marie O'Doherty
Henry P. O'Hara
Felix P. Osuchukwu
Marlinda Otterman
Mary A. Owen

Anthony M. Perry
Therese R. Pohl-Markowitz
Colleen A. Pouliot

David E. Rabinowitz
Marty P. Rabut
Jimmy D. Reddell
Michael A. Reimer
Daniel T. Revers
Robert J. Riegling
Hazel A. Rinas
Benjamin J. Rogers
Joseph B. Rogers
Jackie S. Roth

Eugene W. Schafer
Teresa J. Schmidt
Carl N. Schroeder
Bonnie Schwebke
Mary G. Scott
Michele R. Seghetti
Patricia J. Shawn
Roy W. Shewmaker
Gail A. Shields
Massoud V. Shokouki
Gregory A. Singleton
Jeffrey R. Slieter
Susan E. Smith
Irene J. Smith
Naomi K. Spencer
Deborah K. Spencer
Michael D. Spohn
Susan N. Spohn
Judith C. Sprinkle
Theodore J. Staroyiannis
Donna J. Stephens
Kerrin A. Stewart
Norman W. Stingley
Edward R. Sugg
George M. Surber
James J. Szykowny

Kelly N. Tate
Kenneth L. Tedford
Karen S. Thomas
Martha E. Thomas
Gayle P. Thompson
Barbara Torres
John B. Tracey

James A. Vail
David J. Van Duren

Roger S. Waites
Marion K. Walker
Susan D. Wallace-Reeves
Scott W. Ware
Lauren S. Washington
Steven C. Waters
Lemuel A. Watson
Vicki L. Welch
Allen J. Whitener
Diane Whitener
Meriam E. Williams
Michael J. Woodford

Donald R. Yanke
Dorothy A. Yaroch
Arthur Y. Yu

Stephen A. Zimmerman

(Contributed by: Gary Fitts, WADNet Reader)

IF YOU ARE CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESSES, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE TWO STEPS:

Then

2) SUBSCRIBE to the WADNet Post by sending an email from your NEW email address
to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

TO SUBMIT ARTICLES for WADNet Posts, send an email with the information to
wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx by 7pm CST Sunday night.  WADNet Posts generally go
out on Monday and/or Tuesday evenings each week.  Special Postings will be made
when there is an urgent need and on a case-by-case basis.  Please contact the
WADNet Post Editor if you have any questions.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from the WADNet Post, send an email to
wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

Please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org for the latest information
and events.  Also, please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org if you
wish to become a member of WAD.