[WADNet Post] August 10, 2006: Urgent Notice - DAW Festival

  • From: WADNet Post Editor <wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wadnetpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 11:54:37 -0500

URGENT NOTICE - DAW FESTIVAL
   --  Urgent Notice: DAW Festival
Urgent Notice: DAW Festival

August 10, 2006

Friends of Wisconsin Association of the Deaf,

It has come to the Board of Directors' attention that you may have recently received an e-mail with some disparaging remarks about WAD and some of its
members. Please note that the Board of Directors stands firmly behind its decisions, as well as those made by the current DAW Festival Committee.

As you know, WAD is a non-profit organization whose mission is: "All Deaf citizens in Wisconsin will be empowered to meet their full potential through increased independence, productivity, and integration into society." All WAD Board of Directors, including the President, are volunteers, as are all members of any committee.

We are excited about DAW Festival, and continue to work diligently toward making our first Deaf Awareness Week Festival a success. This is a time for the community to be united and celebrate Deaf Culture, Deaf History, and Deaf Pride.

We are expecting our new website to be up and running within a few days. More information about the event will be shared as it becomes available. We thank you for your patience, your continued support, and we look forward to seeing many of you at the event.

WAD Board of Directors

   (Contributed by: Joe Riggio, WAD President)

IF YOU ARE CHANGING EMAIL ADDRESSES, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE TWO STEPS:

Then

2) SUBSCRIBE to the WADNet Post by sending an email from your NEW email address
to wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field.

TO SUBMIT ARTICLES for WADNet Posts, send an email with the information to
wadneteditor@xxxxxxxxxxx by 7pm CST Sunday night.  WADNet Posts generally go
out on Monday and/or Tuesday evenings each week.  Special Postings will be made
when there is an urgent need and on a case-by-case basis.  Please contact the
WADNet Post Editor if you have any questions.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from the WADNet Post, send an email to
wadnetpost-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.

Please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org for the latest information
and events.  Also, please visit our website at http://www.wi-deaf.org if you
wish to become a member of WAD.