[vlug] PuduvaiLUG is now PuduvaiGLUG

  • From: Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmailme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: puduvailug <puduvailug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, vlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:04:12 +0530

Hi all,

Today we had our meetup and discussed several things which includes topics
covering Internet Democracy, Tor, Tails, Software Freedom Day celebration,
Idea of creating a custom distro, etc.,

As a part of discussion we have decided to change the name of our group
from

PuduvaiLUG - Puducherry Linux Users Group

PuduvaiGLUG - Puducherry GNU/Linux Users Group.

Also we have changed our blog URL as http://puduvaiGLUG.wordpress.com

List of things Changed

The reason for changing the group name
LUG - Linux Users Group. Where Linux is a kernel and as we are not dealing
with Kernel at it's level, rather we are discussing about GNU/Linux as a
Operating System and so the change was required. Also when we include GNU
it also means we are not just a technical group, but also Philosophical
group.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Prasanna Venkadesh.