[vitunes] Re: setting term title / proctitle

  • From: Ryan Flannery <ryan.flannery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vitunes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 00:47:09 -0500

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM, kilian <kilian.klimek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 04:24:58PM -0500, Ryan Flannery wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM, kilian <kilian.klimek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hi list,
>> >
>> > I just pushed some stuff to repo.or.cz, (branch knk). As the subject
>> > suggests it's setting the terminal title to the song / artist currently
>> > playing. Also tries to set the procinfo (as can be seen in ps(1)
>> > output). That may need some more testing on linux, though. And maybe an
>> > option to disable it (or checking of $TERM).
>>
>> I like, and agree that this should have an option to disable it.
>>
>> > Ryan, can you merge the patch regarding :color commands during startup
>> > (from my previous mail)?
>>
>> I will. I didn't like the abuse of VSIG_QUIT, so I'm tweaking it and
>> want to audit the rest of the command handlers for anything that can
>> be skipped at startup.
>
> I'm not so thrilled about the VSIG_QUIT abuse either. First I thought
> about introducing a new status variable. But thats what VSIG_QUIT
> basically is at the moment ("running" or "shutting down"). So I just
> went with that. It may be handy though to have a "ui is now initialized"
> variable somewhere. There may still be other issues like the :color
> commands somewhere.
>
> Or a ui_is_init() function?

I like this much more.  Committed and pushed out.

I was hoping to (and intend to... "eventually!"), audit all of the
command code to make it 'config-file-clean', much like what you did
for colors.

I'd like to go a bit further, and have the use of paint_error() print
to stderr rather than curses, thus giving much more informative info
if there's a parsing error with a given command in the config.

I was just looking, and this seems like quite a bit of work.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Thanks again,
-Ryan