[vitunes] Re: setting term title / proctitle

  • From: Daniel Walter <sahne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: vitunes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:18:14 +0000

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 01:57:41AM -0500, Ryan Flannery wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM, kilian <kilian.klimek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I just pushed some stuff to repo.or.cz, (branch knk). As the subject
> > suggests it's setting the terminal title to the song / artist currently
> > playing. Also tries to set the procinfo (as can be seen in ps(1)
> > output). That may need some more testing on linux, though. And maybe an
> > option to disable it (or checking of $TERM).
>
> FYI, I like this, and intend to commit/push tomorrow.  Want to play a
> bit with it first.
>
> Anyone willing to test it on linux?
>
> -ryan

Hi,

I've tested it on debian squeeze and setting the xterm/urxvt title works.
The proctitle is not changed as far as I can tell. I'll try to debug it
as soon as I can and will send you a patch.

Could anyone try it on a different linux-distro ?

I'll also test it on OS X later this day (as soon as I'm back from work)

- daniel