[visionrehabtherapist] Position Opening

  • From: "B.J. LeJeune" <BJLejeune@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:36:55 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I am posting this again with a little clarification to those of you who
have experience as VRTs or RTs.  We are really needing a dynamic
individual with experience in training persons about blindness and low
vision to come join our Research and Training Team.  The job involves
developing on-line training, teaching academic classes, presenting at
conferences, conducting workshops, writing articles, travel and
assisting with research. It includes the opportunity to work on a
doctorate and write grants if that is of interest to you.  We are
developing a great training team and need one more person to round us
out. Now you may be thinking, if this was just at the beach, I  might
consider applying, but we are a great little college town with a
symphony orchestra, community theater, SEC sports, and for those who
crave big cities, within 2- 4 hours drive of Jackson, Memphis, Biloxi,
New Orleans, Birmingham and Chattanooga. We have 2 positions open, but
the one I am particularly excited about is the Training position which
the university calls Research Associate 2 or 3 (PARF #7432).  Below is
the basic information.

BJ

The National Research & Training Center (NRTC) on Blindness and Low
Vision at Mississippi State University would like to announce two new
openings for professional staff.  For the first position (Research
Associate II/III, PARF #7391) we are seeking someone with research
experience to assist with existing research activities and to identify
and implement new research opportunities. For the second position
(Research Associate II/III, PARF #7432) we are seeking an individual
with a blindness background to primarily assist with training, technical
assistance, and knowledge translation activities. Both positions require
at least a Master’s degree and provide opportunities to be part of a
research and training team focusing on improving employment outcomes for
persons who are blind or visually impaired.

Detailed job descriptions and directions for submitting an application
are available on the Mississippi State University Human Resources site
at https://www.jobs.msstate.edu  Use the PARF number to search for the
job you are interested in. Information about the NRTC is available at
www.blind.msstate.edu.

B. J. LeJeune, M.Ed., CRC, CVRT
NRTC on Blindness and Low Vision
Mississippi State University