[visionrehabtherapist] Re: Hi Everybody!/insulin pens

  • From: Leela Kausch <ltk64@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mcinnisj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <heather.hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:01:20 -0400

Re: count-adose
Most of my clients also use insulin pens. With proper teaching from a certified
diabetes educator, in conjunction with  a CVRT, the pens seem to work well and
are accessible and, I think, even more accurate than count-a-dose. Good luck!
Leela

Leela Kausch, LMSW, MA, CVRT
Director, DiabetiVision
www.diabetivision.com

Subject: [visionrehabtherapist] Re: Hi Everybody!Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008
13:52:52 -0400From: mcinnisj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Heather.Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxx;
visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The various insulin pens out there seem to have pushed the  need count a dose
aside, and my clients have had extremely good luck with them. Of course, some
folks take huge amounts of insulin and even the 50 unit Count a Dose is not
adequate so I rely on the old homemade templates with acceptable results and
accuracy.   My husband, who lives in a cave, carries a club, and wears the
leopard spotted loin cloth, still prefers the count a dose over any other
possible invention.  When his current device breaks, it will not be a pleasant
event.
Good luck, and if there are other suggestions, I appreciate hearing of those,
also!
Janet

-----Original Message-----From: visionrehabtherapist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:visionrehabtherapist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Heather
HamiltonSent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:47 PMTo:
visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [visionrehabtherapist] Hi Everybody!

Hi Everybody!

I was wondering if anyone found a device that's great enough to replace the
Count A Dose?

Thanks,

Heather H

Denver CO