[visionrehabtherapist] Re: A Message from AFB regarding JVIB

  • From: "B.J. LeJeune" <BJLejeune@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:08:52 -0500

Maureen,

Please commend AFB for their commitment to the field of blindness and the
professionals in the field who rely on professional literature.  This is a
commendable gesture on their part, and we are very appreciative.

BJ

B. J. LeJeune, M.Ed,CRC, CVRT
Director of Deafblind Programs
RRTC on Blindness and Low Vision
Mississippi State University
P. O. Box 6189
Mississippi State, Ms  39762
bjlejeune@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
662-325-2694

>>> <Maduffy@xxxxxxx> 4/29/2009 11:54 AM >>>

Hello Listers:

As a VRT and as an Associate Editor of JVIB, I'd like to share this information
with you, as a follow-up to the recent announcement by the AER Board of
Directors to suspend the online JVIB subscription as an AER member benefit. To
follow this discussion and to share any feedback you might have, I suggest you
post your comments to the AER Listserv, where they will reach the appropriate
audience.

An Important Message from the American Foundation for the Blind:

Effective immediately, AFB Press will offer all professionals a new $25
individual subscription fee for online access to the Journal of Visual
Impairment & Blindness (JVIB) and $65 for a combined print and online
subscription. To allow for a new subscription process to be put in place
following the AER decision to terminate JVIB as a member benefit, AFB Press
will provide continuous access to JVIB during the months of April and May to
our readership. Readers can log on using the generic "AER, AER" user name and
password.
During the month of May, JVIB's readership will be invited to join the JVIB
community by contacting AFB Press directly and taking advantage of the new,
reduced subscription rates for individual subscribers. At that time, AFB Press
will provide additional information about how readers can formally sign up for
their new subscriptions. In the meantime, please contact afbpress@xxxxxxx with
any questions you might have.
AER members who have print add-on subscriptions to the journal will be
receiving their April print issue in the mail. Questions about your AER
membership or the JVIB add-on print subscription arranged by AER should be
addressed to the AER office directly.
Thank you for your support of JVIB, and we look forward to continuing our
relationship with you, our valued readers.
The Editors
andAFB Press

Maureen A. Duffy, CVRT
Editorial Director
AWARE (Associates for World Action in Rehabilitation & Education)
Phone: 914-528-5120
E-mail: maureen.duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Are you aware of our web site?
www.visionaware.org ( http://www.visionaware.org/ )
"Self-Help for Vision Loss"
www.twitter.com/visionaware

Big savings on Dell XPS Laptops and Desktops! (
http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220631276x1201390200/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B214101948%3B35952020%3Bv
 )