[visionrehabtherapist] Re: 6 uyear old skills

  • From: "Julie Adkins" <jadkins@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>, <visionrehabtherapist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:20:55 -0400

You might send out a message to the AER listserve--it is usually TVI related
questions.  Also, Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired has a set
of books called "Independent Living" that is for teaching skills to kids.
They have detailed lists of what types of skills kids should be able to do,
assessment tools, and and short lesson plans.  If I recall correctly, there
are three books, and one of them is specifically about daily living skills.
Actually, here is a link for it.  Volume 2 is the one for ADLs.
http://www.tsbvi.edu/publications/il.htm

Julie Adkins, MA, CVRT
Julie Adkins, MA, CVRT
Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
Metrolina Association for the Blind
704 Louise Avenue
Charlotte, NC 28204
704-887-5121
www.mabnc.org

for the sole use of the intended recipients(s) and may contain confidential
message.