[visionegg] Re: repeat different trials several times in a randomorder

  • From: Christophe Pallier <pallier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 12:30:16 +0200

Hello,

You may want to have a look at the 'shuffle' script available at http://www.pallier.org/ressources/shuffle/shuffle.html

It is written in Perl but could easily be ported to python.

Note that there is a 'shuffle' function in python's 'random' package:

Help on method shuffle in module random:

shuffle(self, x, random=None, int=<type 'int'>) method of random.Random instance
x, random=random.random -> shuffle list x in place; return None.

Sven Garbade wrote:

Hi all,

I played with visionegg and it looks very great and powerfull for me.
I'm thinking about to use it in our eyetracking lab and interface it
with our software which controls the eyetracker. Before I start here is
a question about repeating different trial types in a random order. Many
of our experiments contain trials which have to be repeated. For
example, 6 different trials (e.g. in the first trial a target moves from
left to right, in the second trial two targets move from left to right
etc.) have to be repeated 10 times each in a random order. So it would
be nice to define each of the 6 different trial types and then call a
function which randomly process the list with altogether 60 trials. I
think this must be able to implement with python, but I'm wondering if
there are already some functions in visionegg or an example as a
starting point.

Thanks, Sven