[visionegg] Re: Release 0.9.4 - download ready!

  • From: Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:12:29 +1030

Pallier Christophe wrote:

I installed the 0.9.4 release (on a Mandrake 9 Linux system).

Things seem to work fine except when trying to use "Max priority":
an error message appears : 'No module named _posix_maxpriority'
(fromline 4 of posix_maxpriority.py).

I did not see any compilation message for
'src/posix_maxpriority.c' when running
'python setup.py install'.

And thus begins the patches leading up to 0.9.5! :) The fix is now in CVS. (I forgot to change the sys.platform test for linux in the setup.py script, so it didn't know you were on linux and therefore didn't include the linux-specific C extensions.) You will also be missing a functioning DaqLPT module until you update.

Note:
I tried to uninstall the previous version, but there does not seem
to be a 'python setup.py uninstall' or something similar (?).
I manually deleted the /usr/lib/python2.2/site-package/VisionEgg
directory before installing the new version. Is there a better way?

Good question. In a word, no. Maybe in the future?? How often do people use uninstallers? The check-config.py checks that everything is installed and that old versions of files won't be disruptive.