[visionegg] Re: LPT: trigger_in only on change from 1 to 0

  • From: Andrew Straw <andrew.straw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: visionegg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 23:15:19 -0600

Hi Christoph,

Sorry, I can't help you on this one right now. I haven't modified the DaqLPT code since I last verified it worked in Windows and linux. If you can't get this to work with the Vision Egg, perhaps try one of those programs that Christophe Pallier wrote about on this list. If it works with those programs, something is wrong with the Vision Egg code, but if it doesn't work with those programs, something may be wrong with your system.

Good luck,
Andrew

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 06:34 AM, Christoph Lehmann wrote:

Dear Andrew
with the command:

input_value = raw_lpt_module.inp(0x379) & 0x20 # pin nr 12
if input_value == 0:
    do something

I can detect changes at the port from 1 to 0

the command:
input_value = raw_lpt_module.inp(0x379) & 0x20 # pin nr 12
if input_value == 1:
    do something

doesn't work at all

a friend of mine told me, that I should send at the beginning a 0 to the
pin I want to read in from afterward. But I saw, that with your code
(DaqLPT) I can send only to pins 1-9, right? So what shall I do?

Thanks

christoph
--
Christoph Lehmann <lehmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
University Hospital of Clinical Psychiatry