[virusinfo] Troj/Banker-DV

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: virusinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:30:56 -0700

From; Sophos Alert System:

Name: Troj/Banker-DV
Aliases: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Banker.cv
Type: Trojan
Date: 28 June 2005

Sophos has issued protection for Troj/Banker-DV.

At the time of writing, Sophos has received a small number of
reports of this Trojan from the wild.

Customers using EM Library, Enterprise Console, PureMessage or
any of our Sophos small business solutions will be automatically
protected at their next scheduled update.

Note: The IDE issued for Troj/Banker-DV at 13:31 GMT on 6 June
also contained detection for Troj/PcClient-H, Troj/Reboot-O and
Troj/HKdoor-A . This IDE has now been updated to enhance
detection of Troj/PcClient-H.

Information about Troj/Banker-DV can be found at:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojbankerdv.html

Troj/Banker-DV is a password-stealing Trojan targeted at customers of Brazilian
banks.
Troj/Banker-DV will monitor a user's internet access. When certain internet
banking sites are visited, the Trojan will display a fake login screen in order
to trick the user into inputting their details.
Troj/Banker-DV will then send the stolen details to a remote location.
Troj/Banker-DV may display a fake error message containing the following text:
Erro de aplicativo
Aplicativo nao inicializado corretamente (0xc0000005). Clique em OK para
finalizar a execucao
When first run, Troj/Banker-DV will copy itself to <System>\winlogin.exe
In order to run automatically each time a user logs in, Troj/Banker-DV will set
the following registry entry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Windows Update
<System>\winlogin.exe

The Troj/Banker-DV virus identity file (IDE) includes detection for:

Troj/PcClient-H
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojpcclienth.html
Troj/Reboot-O
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojrebooto.html
Troj/HKdoor-A
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojhkdoora.html

Customers with 3.xx or lower versions of Sophos Anti-Virus,
who are not running EM Library, can manually download the IDE
for Troj/Banker-DV from:

http://www.sophos.com/downloads/ide/banke-dv.ide

Read about how to use IDE files at
http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/363.html

*********** MIKE"S REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/worm_removal.htm
See my Anti-Virus pages  http://virusinfo.hackfix.org/index
A Technical Support Alliance  and OWTA Charter Member